Monday, February 26, 2018

Tech Tip: Online Typing Test

This week for my tech tip I decided to take a couple different online typing tests.  The first test I took was from the website Key Hero, and the second test I took was from a site called Typing Test.  Both tests were similar in that it gave you a chunk of text to read/copy into a separate text box.  I personally liked the second website better because not only did I get to pick what text I copied (I picked a chunk from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" but you also only typed for 60 seconds whereas the first website you just kept typing until you got through the text.  According to both websites I am right in the middle of the typing scale as "fluent". Maybe I should work on my typing??

Colored Fingers. Web Source. 

4 comments:

  1. I wish I was a fluent typer! Some days I feel like I can effortlessly fly through sentences and paragraphs, and others I find myself spending 10 seconds on the word "beautiful." My typing skills have definitely improved with all the typing done in this class, so maybe the end of the semester I'll be up to par with the standards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cool tech tip. I may need to check it out myself. I know there is a proper way to type and many incorrect ways, but I feel overtime, many of us create our own style that is efficient for us. At least you were a fluent typer! Are you someone who types the correct way? Or do you type in a more adapted way that's easy for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tech tip! I have always been horrible at typing, so I might benefit from doing a few of these games. My bad habit is that I can't really type without looking at the keyboard, which is fine for most purposes, but makes copying down information a little less efficient. I would be proud of your typing fluency!

    ReplyDelete