Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Overall the readings and writings throughout the first half of the semester have been going really well for me! Some weeks it is easier to retell the story that went along with the readings for that week than others, but overall I am really enjoying it! My favorite reading so far has been Cupid and Psyche.  Although rather lengthy, I was completely drawn from the first paragraph of this story to the last.  I also had the most fun writing my own story from this reading. 

So far I am very happy and excited about my class project.  I am getting to do it over a topic that I really love and that makes it so much more enjoyable and easier to write about! I think so far my biggest accomplishment in this class has been being able to translate the story of The Nutcracker in a way that people who have never seen it can understand.  I was also able to create a story within a story while doing this.  I am extremely excited to see where my project goes and what stories will come out of it. 

Moving forward I would really like to get more ahead in the class so that I am not stressing daily about the assignments due that day.  I have been able to get ahead at certain points throughout the semester but haven't been able to maintain it, and moving forward I really want to do that so I can hopefully finish early!


Cupid and Psyche. Web Source. 

I chose a picture from my reading Cupid and Psyche not only because this has been my favorite reading so far, but also because this is a painting is of a pivotal moment in the story! In the story, Psyche is unaware of Cupid's true identity and he told her that if she every tried to see who he really was she would lose him forever.  One night, she was tempted and gazed upon him with a oil lamp.  Unfortunately, a drop of hot oil fell on Cupid and woke him, causing him to flee.  To find out what happens to the fate of Cupid and Psyches complicated love story you will have to read for yourself! Here's a link to the story :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment